Wednesday, 16 November 2011

DESIGN SKILLS. BRIEF 5. MESSAGE AND DELIVERY. RESEARCH.

After the first crit I got really worried, because basically I had to change my idea. Now when I think of it, It really didn't make sense. I had a crit with Jo. And everybody on the table had the same problem, the idea wasn't as strong and it didn't really link with the proverb . Jo was happy that I had a visualisation of my idea, just the whole idea sending an invitation to NASCAR mechanics that were chosen for the hall of fame wasn't that good as I first thought it was. Basically my proverb is EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING so I wanted to use that and rephrase it EVERY CAR NEEDS A GOOD MECHANIC ( I did use this sentence in my final piece) and I research the most famous mechanic in the world, but obviously not a lot of people knew it, only mechanics. Anyways I found this hall of fame, that I was eager to use as my mailing list source, but it turned out to be unsuccessful. After a big disappointment I kept thinking how to link these two things (proverb and occupation). Exigently I remembered 'Forest Gump'


I know it's just a movie, but actually this phrase was used for car insurance company and it was very popular as a bumper sticker. Then I had 'it'. Shit happens, but every cloud has a silver lining. That's how I can use my proverb and connect it to my idea. S**t happens, but every cloud has a silver lining - that's why every car needs a good mechanic.  
It's an informational leaflet for students in Leeds who have cars (why students? well, the one's who live here already have their mechanics, but the ones who just came here might be a bit worried where to find a good mechanic in leeds(cheap one as well)) where to find a mechanic in leeds. It has the name of the company, postcode so You could track it on your gps and a telephone number or a website. 



The information I put in my design is from this website that has all the leeds mechanics ranked:


No comments:

Post a Comment