Monday, 28 November 2011

DESIGN PROCESS. Research

I did a questionnaire in facebook on our graphic design first year group and this is what my course mates suggested on how to chop an onion without crying:


A lot of pages that I visited suggested that a good and sharp knife is the best way to chop an onion. Though I found it hard to find information without visuals. 

Step 1: Top and tail the onion and cut it in half through the stem.

Step 2: Remove the papery outer skin.

Step 3a: Make a horizontal cut into the onion. Do not cut through the stem.

Step 3b: Make a second horizontal cut. If you're cutting the onion very small you can make 3 horizontal cuts closer together.

Step 4: Make several vertical cuts in the onion, making sure to not cut through the stem. Many onions have striations, these make good guidelines for cuts.

Step 5: Using the knife, cut lengthwise through the onion until you reach the stem.

Reference: http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-chop-onion

No comments:

Post a Comment