http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2012/2/28/shift-packaging.html
I think this is a good idea, sending out a disc format rather than paper based stuff, because than you have it in one place. But I think this example is quite boring, if I got this in my mail, I don't think I would be that engaged to open it and explore what it is.
We did a small plan for the rest of the week. We have (what i think) a strong concept. THE IDEA IS to encourage people to try new fonts and to make their own fonts. It's also about educating them in new ways and making type anatomy as a fun thing rather than making it boring. Because I looked at quite a lot of font foundries and I must say a lot of them are BORING. So our audience is students ( 16- 25 ). We're thinking to design a website (font foundry) that would have sections:
Typefaces (that we design)
Links (to other valuable educational and interesting type sources)
About ( Just about the idea and the people behind it and all the contact information)
Educational (That would have type anatomy games and other engaging ways to learn about type, we would also have briefs so you would be encouraged to interact and create your own typefaces which you could use)
How to make this a virus?
Use social networks such as facebook, twitter, google+, tumblr etc.
Also send out mail shots to universities and schools (we were thinking to put in free stuff (stencils, business cards, t-shirts or even wooden letter blocks for children) We're still developing what should we send out.
We also discussed the idea to have stickers and put them on bad posters with inappropriate typefaces tat would have a website and 'learn about type' or something else, directing people to learn more about the type rather than using anything on a poster.
The plan (till tmrw) :
- We each think of a name for the font foundry
- Think of a possible logo design
- Choose a couple of colour shames
Off to do some work now.



No comments:
Post a Comment