1. The shins 'Chutes too narrow' by Jesse LeDoux
. It's one of my favourite album cover designs. Bold colours, loud of layers, it also has a poster, a badge and sticker attached to it. It interacts with the audience/ the lovers of The Shins music. It's nice when You buy a cd (real) and You have some cute stuff attached to it also. This album design also received a Grammy Award for Best Recording Package in 2003.

2. Brass Bastardz album 'Waiting' it's one of my favourite bands. i have the cd , because after seeing the design I was absolutely amazed that it could be produced by a Lithuanian designer. I'm still non sure though. I didn't manage to find the designers name ANYWHERE. So I don't really know is it a Lithuanian graphic designer. I'm just presuming, because the band is Lithuanian. Still I find the album design neat, clean and catchy. I think it might be the same designer as the festival 'Tamsta' in lithuania designer, but I cannot find his identity either. Their so secretive.
3. SBTRKT album, that I again have no idea who done it.But I think the album kind of created a logo for the band. Because the mask appears EVERYWHERE now if talking about the band. I even saw them using it during the concert. Load of people were just wearing the mask as a mask. So either the designer created the mask, or he just used their own existing 'symbol'. Any way around that's quit smart.
5. Abstract album cover from the 1950's created by Sam Suliman. It's just so simple, but in a way really clean,clear and with a point. Such an easy solution to an album cover design. Just smart and simple. Sometimes the obvious is the best choice.




No comments:
Post a Comment