Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Context of Practice Task 1- Love/Hate

1. Poster of 'Vertigo' is on of my favorite pieces created by Saul Bass. He's was a graphic designer bassed in New York. He was really famous of his simplicity and ability to interpret graphic films in simple graphic terms. I think that's why I really like his work. Complex but simple. I like the colours he use and the shapes he creates. And I still love screen printing work, they seem more sencere.


 2.I came across this gig poster while looking trough 'Gig Posters Rock Show Art of The 21st century' I really liked the poster because it's split in two sides. And both of them can be used as individual posters that will still make sence even if seperate. It was done by The decoder Ring Design Concer. I  found a really good discription of this poster:The album explores themes of youth, love and of course drug culture. At it's center is a line form Kerouac, on which the poster is based.
That said, The Hold Steady is the best freakin' live show going. If you love, or have ever loved live music, do yourself a favor and go see them. It's a beer-soaked, big-riff rock spectacle that looks like the Replacements and sounds like the Boss back when he was hungry. Bring money for drinks, and take the next day off from work. 



3.Christoph Niemann. Let it dough. This is a set of work showing the evolution of men kind and how god/designer created everything. Like greed and forgiveness and laptop as iternity. It's a very clever way to solve a visual problem. I just think it's so funny. 










4. Danny Sangra work. I love his style and that he combines photography and graphic together. I know that he started working as an stylist and a fashion designer allso. He works in many different pathways. And I love his line drawings. He's a really nice guy also.

5.Hate. I think it's quite obvious why. Terrible design. I'm not even going to start about the photoshop skills/none. And the pictures? Some kind of green monster, a guy with weir face mask and a girl lying in his arms/dramatically in a PINK dress. And the background? Looks like my grandma went to the sea took some pictures and tried using the computer. And it's the future according to this poster. 2889.

No comments:

Post a Comment